The Beachcomber IOP

The Beachcomber IOP
The Beachcomber Outpatient Services is designed for those who cannot go to inpatient or residential treatment AND for those seeking aftercare for an inpatient program. The Beachcomber Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) is designed to expand on the thoughts and ideas which allowed our inpatient or residential program, The Beachcomber Family Center for Addiction Recovery, to build over 37 years of successfully treating those afflicted with alcoholism and drug addiction. This includes an emphasis on structure, discipline, hope, self-esteem, fun, and especially, the tools to stay sober after the IOP experience is completed.

Thursday, February 20, 2014

The River Speaks

Akin to the cells that form your body,
Innumerable droplets of rain wed to
Give me life and vigor.
You didn’t hear my adolescent babble,
As I awkwardly stumbled over rocks and
Stones making my way to the mature,
Quiet flow of this welcoming valley.

The path I have chosen was charted
Millions of days ago,
Carved by my ancestors through
Canyon walls, as they laid a bed of
Silt and sand, stones, rocks,
And mighty boulders.

But here in the peaceful valley
You hear only the quiet flow,
Punctuated by occasional cascades
That crush my watery heart.
It is here at my side that you ponder
Both time and eternity in the length of
My days and the passing of yours.
For we both experience pain from
Obstacles placed in our paths,
As well as the joy of a carefree heart.

I see you there, perched on a rock, smiling
As the midday sun warms my glistening skin.
You wonder whence I come and even
More profoundly where I go –
Mysteries that lay deep within my soul,
As they also lay deep within your own.

Come closer my friend,
For I wish to whisper in your ear.
Leave the rock and come to my bank.
Touch my flow with a primordial yearning
That recalls the watery womb that bore you.
You are safe here, as you were there.
And remember this moment, as life
Beckons you on.  It will comfort you
In moments of distress, for it reveals
The Alpha and the Omega,
The love of the Infinite One
That makes it all happen.

This indeed has been a cherished moment
In the passing of our days.
I glimmer in your eyes once more,
And I journey on, as you must too,
My friend.


James K. Bogert

Santa Cruz, NM

No comments:

Post a Comment